Tuesday, May 10, 2005

the Metty
I remember now… there was this kid I went to elementary school with named Metty. Some people called him Mettsy by mistake but that was not his name, it was Mettsy. One day I heard form some other kid that Metty was going to kick my ass. “Huh? Who is this Metty kid and why is he mad at me?” Well it turned out that Metty was an angry boy and he often made threats to beat people up through third parties. I was not scared because I was bigger than him and I was pretty sure that if there were a fight I would win. But I was confused about why he had singled me out for his anger. I’m not sure that I ever really talked to him and there never was any violence. I just heard over the years that I attended elementary school that this kid Metty was going to kick my ass. It all seems so passive now. Like that series of events were on sedatives or something. The whole thing was slow motion. There was not a fight but I imagine that if there was it would be like a slow motion fight where there is no way anyone can get hit because it would be easy to get out of the way of the punches. I wonder if he still does that now at work. Telling some third party to go tell some other co-worker that he will kick their ass. Maybe he picked up that strategy from his grandfather who has been passing it down through the family. It was developed 300 years ago when his predecessor lived in the old country and would travel from town to town doing blacksmith work. When he got to town he would single someone out and have a third party tell them he was going to kick his ass. The third party was crucial because it provided an objective source the person he was going to get his ass kicked. Not only did Metty’s predecessor think it but the third party thought it too. Also if he just went up to the guy in person and told him the victim may just keep it to himself. The third party provided advertisement that Metty1 is in town and that he is an ass kicker. So watch out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home