Friday, May 13, 2005

-------$--------
ALL RIGHT! I am going to go have another spin at the professional gambling career that has yet to get off of the ground for me. I really dug the Laughlin trip because not only was I gambling with my money but because I rode my motorcycle 600 miles I was also gambling with my life. This time though I am going to. It is just faster that way. I would like to win around ten million but I will settle for winning about five thousand dollars. That seems realistic.I am fascinated with the idea of gambling for a living. Sure it seems immoral but why? Money seems immoral to me anyway but we (society) has embraced it and for some reason decided that it is bad if it is free. I have this great fantasy all worked out where I go to Vegas a few times a year and win enough money to live for a while. It really is not that different from hunter-gatherers who would come upon a cache of berries or a large animal. They would take what they could and go live for a while and then come back when they needed more. It certainly seems more natural than sitting by yourself in an office all day where it is artificially cold so that you can stand to wear all of these clothes in hot weather. Staring at a bunch of bright lights that make up my computer screen. It seems so weird. It drives me insane to think that this is what we have come up with. We can build space ships and space stations and split atoms but this is the best that we have come up with for society? Bullshit! That is just bullshit!Anyway, I think it would be cool to not do these kinds of jobs anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home