Wednesday, May 18, 2005

CHP
I went over to check out the CHP so they could “inspect” my new Jeep before I tear it apart. The inspection guy was pretty cool but the others were total cops. I overheard one say, “Wow I just wrote a ticket without even having to leave the parking lot.” The other three were having a passionate conversation about which wood to have cabinets made out of. Cherry was the favorite although they spend a good twenty minuets looking all around the room trying to find things that were a similar color to the finished wood. If they hadden’t all had guns I may have jumped over the counter and beat them all senseless.It ended up passing though and there was no need to resort to violence. I am once again reminded that I don’t understand how we have come to a place where things are so rigid. How can we tolerate these guys who have the last word? What is going on that makes people able to stand this nonsense that we are handed? I don’t know if many or any of you are familiar with the author Scott Carrier who wrote the book “Running after Antelope”. I am a fan of his and of that book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home