Thursday, May 26, 2005

It's a summer drink.
I am going to Central America next month. The health department warns that some of the areas I am going contain malaria-carrying mosquitoes. But since I don’t go to doctors I will not be vaccinated against malaria. I remembered hearing however that the British army used to give their soldiers (officers) who were stationed in Africa Gin and Tonics because the Quinine in tonic water fights malaria. So I started last night a drinking regime where I will have gin and tonics every day for a few weeks before I go and then a few weeks after I get back. Now the key here is to use good Gin, Tanqueray or Bombay Blue Sapphire are the ways to go. Tonic water must contain quinine (obviously). You want a tall glass, put 2 oz. Gin and 5 oz. Tonic plenty of ice and a little lime. Roses lime works great if you have no fresh lime. It's a summer drink. I feel compelled to wear a straw hat when I drink them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home